vent control mode cable, 93 dohc

This cable, when the dash lever is pushed to the left, sends the air to the front air vents, when pushed to the right, it sends the air to the windshield. From my Haynes manual, it says there is a clip that keeps the cable onto the plastic control arm of the lever. Well my clip evidently either disappeared or the control arm broke due to the cable not working as freely as it should normally. In the past I knew that it needed some kind of lubrication and did try that spray-on red colored bear grease. That did not do the trick. Anyone got good advice for this? Can a clip be bought separately or should I just jury-rig it?

Also, where exactly is the other end of this cable and how hard is it to get to? Haynes doesn't go into detail on this. Thanks - CB

Reply to
CBrooks

I broke off the clip while I was replacing the heater core. (man that plastic air ductwork was a hassle!) But to continue consistant control capacity, I made better my mistake by gluing the outer cable conduit-end to the mounting stub. Use gorilla snot or some kind of super sticky ethyl vinyl based glue that wont let go. (Dont glue your fingers together.)

-WaV try> This cable, when the dash lever is pushed to the left, sends the

Reply to
wavy

I took out the radio and watched the levers & cables in action. I noticed the one working heater control cable also did not have a clip on it. The Haynes manual vaguely shows using a needle nose to pinch the plastic post to get the cables on or off. If there were supposed to be metallic clips on the cables and posts, I don't know what happened to them. Am wondering if the car alarm installer wacked them years ago. Anyway they sure are not there.

Also, googled this subject and found > I broke off the clip while I was replacing the heater core. (man that

Reply to
CBrooks

Reply to
CBrooks