Vue seats comfortable?

I just came of a 24 hour test drive of a 2004 v6 Vue. This car rides great and the engine is smooth and powerful.

My work commute is about 45 minutes, and at some point I noticed the seat bottoms cut into my thighs about half way up. When I returned the car the dealer said he's heard this problem before. I asked if any of the other seat options (leather) were a different size and he said no. I'm kind of tall (6'2").

Anybody else have this problem? Do the seats break in over time?

Reply to
Mr. A

... that's 'cause Honda made the engine.

Reply to
LBJGH

Reply to
Blah blah

...is that the same 6 Honda puts in their Pilot? I remember years ago Sterling made a car with a Honda drivetrain - don't remember what ever happened to the car or the company (Sterling that is)...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Sterling 825 and 827 made them in the 80s and Early 90s British Company, they moved out of the American passenger car market in the mid-1990s However, you still see their trucks in America

Will

Reply to
William Koscielny

LBJGH

I have a 2004 with leather seats. Seems comfortable. Wife likes these leather seats better then my old 01 Subaru outback with cloth seats.

Try one... just sit in the car for 1/2 hour and play with the radio....

Reply to
M. Butkus

Sterling Trucks has nothing to do with Sterling Cars.

"Sterling" was the name Rover attached to the Honda derivative they tried to sell in America. In England (and the rest of the world) they were Rovers. The Rover name was killed in America my the previous tries at selling half-assed converted cars in the US.

Reference:

"Sterling Trucks" is a division of Freight liner, which is a subsidiary of Diamler-Benz. Essentially Ford sold its heavy truck operation to Freightliner, which renamed it Sterling.

From

"In 1997, the Freight liner Group purchased Ford Motor Company's Heavy-Duty Truck Division and renamed the brand and the truck, Sterling"

Other references:

Ed

William Koscielny wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

I am tall and heavy. I drive about 45 minutes to work every morning and am satisfied with the standard seats in my 4 cylinder 2003 Vue. Leather seats were an option for my car. I am guessing the 2004 Honda powered version might be different but I have not tried one.

Ed

"Mr. A" wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

There was some f***ss on before that was so heavy the seat's heating coil burned his butt.

Reply to
Tenzo