VUE Wheel Bearings

Well, our 2003 VUE is back in the shop again. 3rd time in a year for a wheel bearing replacement.

This is starting to get out of hand. We are told that it's good that we're still under warranty as this could easily cost a few thousand to fix.

Well, when this thing goes off warranty, I'm gonna be afraid to drive the damn thing. It's getting more and more expensive now. It's been in about 9 times in a year (not counting oil changes). That's a bit much...sure it has

82,000 KM on it, but still...
Reply to
Vidar

Is there a lemon law in your state?

Reply to
frank

That's very disconcerting. My '03 Vue had the right rear bearings replaced last week at its 15k service.

It this a known issue or a coincidence?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Talley

Well, they said at our dealer that they have replaced a "TON" of bearings over the past few months. They aren't sure why.

I'm a bit c> > Well, our 2003 VUE is back in the shop again. 3rd time in a year for a

Reply to
Vidar

Well, I'm in Canada, and there is a law in Ontario where I am but that is only within 30 days...

Reply to
Vidar

My 2003 had a rear one replaced, looks like I am hearing the same vibration again but at the front. I think I am just over 20,000 miles.

What are you noticing that makes you think the bearings need replacing?

Reply to
Scott W. Petersen

We replaced the wheel bearing in the right front at 15k miles. If they are using the same supplier they did on they 1999-2001 Jimmy/Blazer it would explain the problem. I know of 5 owners of Jimmy/Blazers who had to replace bearings some within warranty some just beyond. I complained to GM on mine that were just out of warranty and they gave me $1k toward another GM vehicle which we used to get our Vue with. Other than that our Vue has been great.

Reply to
pistonswin

If it costs thousands of dollars for this work, I suspect there is more involved than just wheel bearings, like maybe the axle or the whole wheel needed replacing.

Reply to
flatline

Sintered bearings is an important component for any machine or tool.

Source:

karammundi.inet