Where are motor mounts on 97 SC2?

The Auto Zone computer thinks the bottom motor mounts (2) are in the middle of the car (widthwise), one in front, one in back.

I think they are wrong and the mounts are on the sides; hard to tell without taking the panels inside the wheelwells off.

Wherever they are, I think they're shot - maybe they just fell off...

Thanks for any info, Nick

Reply to
nick

There are 4 mounts on your SC2:

  • 1 near the top of the motor on the passenger side (torque-axis mount), between the cam cover and the coolant overflow tank
  • 1 on the bottom of the motor on the passenger side, directly under the crankshaft pulley
  • 1 on the driver's side on top and forward of the transmission, directly under the battery tray.
  • 1 under the transmission, between it and the cradle.

Excessive vibration is most often caused by the torque-axis mount going shot. If you have a floor jack and a Haynes/Chilton manual, you can change any of these in a half-hour or less.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]

Reply to
Lane