Short motor mounts

There was a thread about these - to lower the motor, I think Sal said he used Volvo mounts. Anyone have a part number or what year/model/engine so I can get some from the FLAPS?

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I used the ones for 55-57 Chevy V8s. They are 3/8th inch shorter. Usually you have to buy the whole kit which include too long bolts and the cupped washers which you may or may not wish to use.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

If you have a Pick 'n' Pull in your area, take a look at the mounts used in Mazda RX7s, particularly the older ones. They are similar to Stude mounts in desgn, EXCEPT the mounting plate on one side is formed into a shallow cup that acts as a heat shield. Can trimmed off if needed, though.

They are quite firm, which suits a Stude V8 just fine. Volvo mounts are very similar to Stude mounts (leastwise the 140 series) but IMHO, they are very soft and mooshy, because the 4 cylinder engines shake a lot. If you could find mounts for a 164 series, they might be firmer. Try IPD in Portland, I'm sure they are on line. Volvo mounts I've seen, though, are not especially short.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond