1958 Packard wagon For sale - any knows this one

This 1958 Wagon is according to the seller imported from New York City last year. Does anyone know any history of this one ? Now on eBay in Germany with no reserve.

Pekka from Helsinki

Reply to
PekkaP

This appears to be the station wagon that was on E Bay I believe in the fall. He stated he was losing his storage and had to sell it. I believe he was going to get it crushed if it did not sell as he hoped. There was a thread about it on the news group at the time. It was [and remains] a major project. I searched on Google newsgroups but cod not find a listing.

Regards

Colin

PekkaP wrote:

Colin and Colleen Jack

I'd be very weary about any overseas transactions I just got taken for $600.00 by some guy in England selling a Hilborn injection unit,everything was very official looking on E-bay looking posts,but it was a big fraud....he was very very good

Reply to
sweetdick

Does anybody remember what it sold for before? I hope it wasn't billed as a rust-free example. He might have gotten the shock of his life when it arrived in Germany!

Reply to
Dan

I remember the cars. The purchaser bought two cars. Both were 58 Packard wagons. One was originally Cannon Copper, but then someone added white ascents to it. While the interior was not correct/original it still had two nice options on it.....air conditioning and power windows. The second car was this one. I just matched up the pictures and it is the same car. Looks a lot nicer after it was washed verses the ones that I have taken in the old barn. Both cars sold as a pair for $11,000.00 US $ The buyer overpaid for these two. The story from the seller went.....he was the nephew of the owner....had to move the cars, uncle was getting old and lost storage.....I talked to him on the phone and received emails outside of ebay and the cars didn't even come close to being worth that kind of money. The seller also had a 58 2 door hardtop and a 57 President Wagon. But all of these cars, except the Cannon Copper one, had a ton of rust. Good Luck

Reply to
58packardwagon

From the condition of the floors, or lack of, I think the car was floated across the North Atlantic, and allowed to dry up or off at the customs shack.

BG

Bill Glass

Thanks for the input... seemed too rusted away already in the pics...

Reply to
PekkaP