Defender 110 CSW I'm reckoning on buying this one.

The one from my last post. -

Looks sin very good nick & we have agreed (in principle) a price of £3100 inc 12 months MOT. This is an off eBay sale due to auction finishing. The bloke runs the defender & county centre, so he is a trader.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a checklist for a Landie of this year etc?

Or would one of you top bloke do me something & I will bow to your superior knowledge.

Don't get me wrong, I do know a fair amount of basics, but the stuff specific to landies I could do with some helpers on!

He reckons the only fault he can tell me about is 1-4 gears have a slight whine,m but 5th is fine. Does this sound like a shagged box? If so, how much for a recon one?

Cheers for your help & I'll become a regular contributor to the group once I have taken the plunge.

Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Brace yourself. The 5-speed box on the V8 is likely to be an LT85 (Santana) - at least, it is on my '86.

LEGS (see below) reconditioned mine for a mere £1200 (including fitting). It's been suggested that the parts to rebuild an LT85 are around £600 before you start.

Reply to
Steve Morgan

On or around Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:45:06 +0100, "Steve Morgan" enlightened us thusly:

however, it depends on what's meant by "whine". if it's only a slight whine, then it'll probably run for years...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Absolutely - the thing I didn't mention is that it still whined _after_ the recon.

I do wonder why the dealer made a point of mentioning it - he'll know as well as anyone that they have an inherent tendency to whine. I'd be more worried about what's wrong with 5th!

Reply to
Steve Morgan