55's heading to the salt

My winning bidder was nice enough to ask how I'd feel about his purpose in buying the car. He wants to drop in a Ford flathead with a 3:71 blower to run on the salt. I told him I thought he had the perfect car since the car had a mouse motor now and that ugly front end, the wrong interior and missing all the President trim. I'll come up with some beater grill parts that he can paint to stay in the stock body class.

Reply to
John Poulos

Robert Black

My guess is because he wants to set a record in a flathead motored class for stock bodies. Bonneville racers are divided into a myriad of classes - first by engine type and displacement, and then body type. I have seen several modern bodies with flartheads under the hood running on the salt.

Reply to
zoombot

Reply to
Robert Black

Reply to
itraseecab

Reply to
John Poulos

there's some real ugly side grilles in that box in your garage that I just want to get rid of... I pulled out the one I wanted to keep and put it back on the shelf. center grille I've seen for sale before

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
N8N