'55 Stude in Great Race

The Great Race is underway having left Philadelphia, PA, Saturday and traveled to York for the first day. Sunday there was an overnight stop in Washington, PA. (where I saw them.) Antique & classic cars lined Main Street for some two city blocks as the racers came past. Studebakers on display included Carl Chadwick's 1926 Duplex Roadster, his brother's 1964 GT Hawk, and my '55 Commander. The race will finish in San Rafael, CA on July 8th. The Race will overnight in Indianapolis on Wednesday. The race route can be found at

It was a lot of fun to see some 100 racers driving 1961 and earlier cars. If you are near a lunch stop or overnight, I guarantee you'll enjoy it. There is a husband & wife team from Oregon driving a '55 Studebaker 2 dr. She's the driver, he's the navigator. Annegret Reichmann & Ulrich Kammholz, listed in the Race Program as two year veterans from Portland. Also in the Race are a 1916 and a 1931 Packard Roadster. Keep an eye out for them. JWW '55 Commander 4 dr

Reply to
JWW

"JWW" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Thanks, Jeff. J(lacking computer skills)W

Reply to
JWW

No sweat. Looked for Stude's in both day's pic's...but no joy so far... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
itraseecab

Reply to
itraseecab

The Great Racers will be arriving in Wichita this Friday for an overnight stay. There will be a local car show at the event, too. I think some of our Midway Chapter members are taking their Studes. I know I'm looking forward to it!

Reply to
zoombot

I got in the mail yesteday a pamphlet showing the Danbury Min hot rod convertible.

If your interested look at their website, as I have not seen this in any catalogs they send out.

According to them it will no longer be made 12-31-06

Bill

Reply to
Bill Glass

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Looks pretty cool, and it will be interesting to see what sort of vehicles participate.

It would be great to have a few Studes in it, but I for one don't have that kind of money.

Hey, maybe Pat can get the Frua Lark ready to go!

Jeff DeWitt

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I think my 54 just might be up to the challenge....

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec