Race Tracks

Hi. I just wondered if anyone knows of any race tracks that you can go to where people can pay to use the track to take their car around? I'd be interested to know if anyone in the group has ever done that with a car they own, or even if they have bought one of those special packages where you can get to drive a supercar on a race track?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

just look up the websites to nearby tracks and most of the info is there! i'm planning on doing the advanced driving at northweald air field but they also have a cone track area and stuff apparently.

cost varies but track days can be fun whatever the car really i guess, never done it myself but if i ever own anything 'fun' again i really want to try it at least once!

Reply to
Vamp

AFAIA most circuits have days when members of the public, either through a club or an individual booking, can take their road cars on the track. I've taken a Celica GT4 on track at Castle Combe. If you're interested in having a go, I'd suggest you join a club, as a club booking for a track day, can cut individual costs considerably. Expect to pay £30 upwards depending on the number of cars in the booking. About a dozen seems to be the optimum to get a reasonable price. Never been able to afford a proper supercar or race car package. Most seem to be around £200 plus for the day. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Just want to use a track? Go on a trackday -

and many others - read the terms carefully and enjoy yourself. Want a full day of fun and experience? - do a Palmersport day.

Want a bit of a laugh and to drive a ferrari? Them red-letter days are OK but you'll find things like rev limiters and an instructor more concerned with ensuring you don't stuff the car than showing you how to get it round the track quickly (or sideways if you prefer).

Reply to
Tim S Kemp