57 Clipper on eBay

Hope you Stoodiebaker guyz don't miss looking at the '57 Clipper now listed on eBay.

VERY pretty car..... the $35,000 Buy-It-Now price might be a little unrealistic, but it zoomed up to $6600 right away. At least lots nice pics for you to enjoy.

I'm not an expert, but can see that the interior - tho' new, is all wrong........not sure about engine colors - thought Clippers were aluminum/gray........and the panel fit is irregular around doors, hood, etc. ..... but still one of the nicest looking I've seen in a while.

With all the pics, wonder why they didn't take any of the undercarriage?

sorry - lost the link - just search 1957 Packard !

jamie

Reply to
Yes I Do

mbstude

Reply to
Barry

Here is the link:

The engine colors look correct, but the upholstery is not right. It looks well done, though. That's a crazy price. If anyone wants me to check it out, Meriden is only one town away. I can take lots of pics if you want.

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Its nice to see one in a color other than gold and white. My Father's had a wet air filter, and the interior was more black and grey and his had the wonder bar radio. It used to be a lot of fun to drive. It was the first car I ever drove that could accellerate up the local Casper Creek Hill on Rt 9 just below Poughkeepsie NY.

Geno

64 R2 Avanti 64 Dayt> snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Yes I Do) wrote:

done, though. That's a crazy price. If anyone wants me to

Reply to
jeep4cyl

I took a look at the car this morning. It is as nice as the pictures show, only a couple of small dings here and there. Like I posted before, the upholstery is well done, but not the right fabric. I am not too sure about the carpet, though. The undercarriage is very clean. It was running while I was looking at it. The blower belt started to disintegrate! Other than that, it is very nice. According to nada, the high price is around $10,000, which seems quite low. The guy is asking $35k, though!

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Yes, too bad about the interior: someone spent a lot of money to do it right in the wrong material....apparently they didn't know about Phantom..

Carpet is supposed to be "salt and pepper" mixed - really pretty when you see it. Likewise, the trunk is supposed to be the houndstooth material. I didn't notice the radio - never heard of a '57 with anything but signal-seeker....that's the only one shown in the accessory brochure Window surrounds look sort of stark....more black than the correct charcoal.....and they've done what they could about the dash padding (really no good solution).

Not to knock it though - nice car and would help everybuddy elses' values if it goes for a good price

Jim C. Ashland OH

'57 Clipper that will never be done..

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

Hi Jim!

I'm starting to assemble my '57 wagon, with your help (and parking lamp bucket!). I ASSUME by window surrounds you mean the metal trim on the inside of the door. Mine is black, also, but the exterior is black and white, so it looks normal. Rene Harger made me a dash pad similiar to the one on ebay, but with stitching around the intrument panel opening only. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit too well. The guy doing my interior is going to remake it for me.

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

I see the Clipper was a no-sell at $15,500........will be interesting to see if it gets relisted or what. It's listed by a dealer, isn't it? Wonder how much he's in it for cuz $15,500 ain't hay.

Jim C

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

I was listed by a dealer. The owner is from Florida. After looking at it, I MIGHT pay $15 for it, but no more.

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam