1954 Packard Ambulance update

Yesterday, saturday, my friend and I went to go pickup the packard. I will have to admit that there was a bit of aprehenion involved, as i didn't get many positive comments about buying it in my previoius post. (hopeless update on friday) After looking at it for awhile I still wasn't in love with it, but I still had that little voice in my head that said "buy it anyway". Lord knows it certainly wouldn't have been my first folly, nor my last, i'm sure. The trip home was uneventful and that is always a plus. We had plenty of time to talk about it and throw some ideas around of what I would do with this thing, or should I just sell it. If I had Jay Leno's money this white elephant would see itself transformed from the pumpkin it is, into a nice mini limo, or something along that line. Maybe stick a chevy pickup front end on it for starters, followed with a complete chevy drive train. Seeing as how I don't have Leno's money, I started to lean more towards selling it. All i would have to do now is find the right market for it. Packard club? Rat rod? Professional car collector? Or a military vehicle collector? After kicking it around a bit, I think that I'm gonna see what kind of interest I can get from the military guys, and perhaps dabble into the pro car guys.

All in all it was a fun day. A day that I was able to enjoy with the blessing of freedom that we enjoy in this country, paid for by the efforts of veterans of yesterday, and today. I thought that it looked rather cool on the trailer. I'm sure it turned a head or two. By the time we got home it was dark thirty so my g/f wasn't able to appreciate the cars beauty. And I already know that her and my mom will never be able to appreciate its potential. That's a girl thing. Along with the paper work, came 120 pics or so. Pics of what it looked like before disassembly and the step by step process there of. Today I will take more pics of it. If anyone is interest in seeing a few pics of it, just email me. I feel better now. I've had my car fix, (see the "hopeless" discussion from earlier in the week) and now I can return my version of normal. And I do have one concern about writing in this text box, and that is, I can't see the whole text box. The right side of it is covered by a gray box. How does one get that to go away? It's hard to see what one is entering when it's covered up and self formatting it didn't work out to well, as one could see by my previous post from friday. Thanks for all of ur previous thoughts and suggestions. I look forward to your comments as always.

Reply to
Pckstude

Sounds like a fun day.Enjoying the trip with a friend and building the car 7 different ways on the voyage is half the fun.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

Don't let the naysayer's get you down. You have a unique vehicle that hopefully will see a new life.

Post a few pics here, (I would like to see the dash layout for starters), and I'm sure that you'll get some positive response.

BTW, am I correct in assuming that it is a straight 8?

JT

Pckstude wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

There might be lots of cool period heavy duty accessories on that car, like a high amp generator or even a leece-neville alternator, HD brakes, etc. would be fun to play with but I hope you don't run into parts issues getting it running

nate

Grumpy AuC> Don't let the naysayer's get you down. You have a unique vehicle that

Reply to
N8N

Reply to
RBK.