59 Lark convert 4sale

Looked at this today, thinking the wife might like it. Will take 20 for it.

289 drumbrakes PS etc. What do you think?
Gary & Denise McCollum

No such thing.

Reply to
transtar60xxx

Gary: This thing has been around before.

Studebaker made quite a few convertibles in 1959, actually. Of course, they were all made in late 1959 and were 1960 model automobiles!

Get the Serial Number off this car. If it begins with 59V (or even

59S), write the number down and call The Studebaker National Museum. You'll likely find that it started out life on another car and the tag has been moved, assuming that car in the photos is a real convertible as to structure, etc; it looks like it is. But I'll bet $100 that if you run a 59v or 59S Serial Number through The SNM, you'll find out that plate wasn't fastened to a legitimate convertible when it was shipped from South Bend.

Meanwhile, 20 Biggies is simply too much for that car unless you HAVE to have it. At 20 grand, you'll have a firm grip > Looked at this today, thinking the wife might like it. Will take 20 for it.

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Looking at the pix with the faded carpet and rusty ash tray in the seat back, I cannot believe it is nearly as nice as they'd like you to believe.

It may well be a '59 build date, but there were no '59 ragtops produced. Have them get you the VIN and body tag numbers.. those will tell the real story of what the car is. I blew up the picture of the engine bay and it appears the body tag is missing (or there are extra holes in the cowl).

To look at the availabel info on it, I would say $14k tops unless it turned out to be MUCH better than expected.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

How does it compare to this recent eBay sale??

RobYoung

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

LEE: I thought the same thing until I saw that the car is really a six converted to a V-8. IMHO, that would account for the difference between what it brought and what we think "it should have brought." A genuine V-8 car like that would have been a bargain, but only so-so as a former six. BP

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Reply to
John Poulos

No contest. Ebay is a clear winner. The paint and engine compartment are nicer on the black and red one, but not 10 grand better! I was just looking for a chick car for the wife. I think I just need to get back to work on mine, she is happy with her Volvo why she is waiting for Sheba.

Reply to
Gary & Denise McCollum

Reply to
shel_elias

LOL... not saying you should sell it but, I do feel you got a hell of a deal on it based on the price and description.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Reply to