AFP 48 air filter 63 Stude Hawk

What are we doing for the AFP48 air filter 2bbl carb 63 Hawk. Can any body offer any info as to what you have used that may be available as a sub. AZ pr Advance say they can not even order the fram replacement? jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim

Jim, check out the list on my web site, I do have some interchanges for that filter listed although AZ is not lying to you, the Purolator, AC, and Fram numbers have all been discontinued.

Application Studebaker Wix NAPA Baldwin Hastings Purolator AC Fram

61-63S,V; 64V; truck, 6E-7,12 (3) 1552494 42111 2111 PA647 AF46 A40048* A131C* CA168*

(asterisks indicate filters that have been discontinued by their mfgrs.)

Unfortunately the only one that I personally have tried for that app is the A131C, which was still available or at least my FLAPS had old stock when I still had my '62 Daytona.

I also have dimensions listed for some filters on my web site to help others try to find workarounds, but I have not done so yet for the later, easier to find filters (believe it or not, that is *not* the hardest filter to find, that title goes to the 1545986/CA155PL, for which I have not found any available direct interchange.)

HTH

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Jeff,

I don't have Luber-Finer numbers listed on my web site. Is there an online x-ref to other mfgrs. numbers? or do you have a .pdf you could shoot me? As more and more of these filters are discontinued, that might be helpful info. to have.

I've noticed since I started the list that some mfgrs. are becoming better about listing Studebaker applications and in some cases their info. is actually accurate, but I do like the ability to x-ref to Stude. part numbers because sometimes more than one filter may have been used in a given year/model and it's really hard for filter mfgrs. to capture that info, so I'm still maintaining the list...

thanks

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel