Air filter for Edelbrock 1403

What air filter fits an Edelbrock 1403? I am putting it on my '63 Cruiser. There is 1/2" more clearance than the stock step up has.
Chip
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Any standard aftermarket air filter will work. In fact if you have an R1 you can just use a modern cheap Mr. Gasket air cleaner base with the R1 lid and element. I'm doing just that on my '55 coupe, but am using an older 'vette lid instead of the correct R1 lid (same size/shape, but louvered.) Otherwise just pick an aftermarket air cleaner you like and use that.
The size of the neck of a "standard" carb has changed somewhere along the line; I don't remember the exact dimensions of either but the original WCFB/AFB used the same size air cleaner as most other contemporary 4-barrels; the Edelbrocks conform to the new standard.
nate

Thanks for the info, Note.
This one; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-CLEANER-ASSY-14-X-3-FLAT-BOTTOM-FORD-STUDEBAKER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43946QQihZ019QQitemZ8037190370
or this one; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-CLEANER-ASSY-14-X-3-RECESSED-BOTTOM-STUDEBAKER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43946QQihZ019QQitemZ8053733034
or this one; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-CLEANER-ASSY-14-X-2-FLAT-BOTTOM-CHEVROLET-CHROME_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43946QQihZ019QQitemZ8053726780
or cut a hole in the hood and you can use this one; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-CLEANER-ASSY-14-X-5-FLAT-BOTTOM-CHEVROLET-CHROME_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43946QQihZ019QQitemZ8053723546
--
thanks,
Jerry Forrester
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

good point, I have only tried this on a '62 and it worked OK there. I think the hood is the same 62-63 but worth a check before slamming it down. (ask Lee about slamming hoods after new mods...)
nate
Jim Bradley wrote:

I put an Edlebrook on my 52 ragtop, I used an air cleaner off a 62, I cut the center out and had a new center made to fit the Edlebrook. I used some of the epoxy adhesive and "gluded" the 2 parts together. Painted it and it looks "original" At least most people don't even look twice. I also drilled some holes in the bottom of the air cleaner (outside of the filter) to allow more air flow.
Jim Turner