AM-FM radio on eBay

Can anyone confirm that this is for an Avanti? My Avanti parts book does not list an AC number for the radios, as does the 65-66 parts manual. I'd expect that a radio for Lark types would not work in an Avanti because of size considerations; however, would an Avanti radio fit into my 66?

6&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT Thanks, Chris Collins 63 Avanti 66 Cruiser

Reply to
Chris195630327

6&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT>

Reply to
John Poulos

I have the "Sam's Photofact" sheets for the AC-3500 Delco. It's for a '64 Avanti. The same sheets cover AC-3498, for '64 Stude; and AC-3499, for '64 Hawk. All three of these are AM/FM. FM was new for the '64 model year. Crockett Sound Lab,

, shows the same information. The Dec. '63 Avanti parts book doesn't list the AM/FM. AC-3378, (early), & AC- 3507, (late); are AM radios. Those #'s are for radio and antenna. My guess is that the AM radios themselves are AC-3377 & AC-3506 for Avanti. The glass dials have the edges painted red, to match the dash lights! Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

6&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT>

Chris, Give me a call about the AM/FM. Dan

Reply to
RoadRaceLark

Looks correct to me. I have one in my 64 Avanti and 64 Daytona convertible. Sold my spare at the Austin meet for $500. Denny L

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

6&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT>

Reply to
lockmon

Speaking of Studebaker AM/FM, the only one I've ever had was in 1972 in a '64 CDR. IIRC, I had a station on both AM and FM on each pushbutton. I think that the dial needle locations aligned by blind luck. In other words, if I changed from FM to AM, a station came in properly. Was I this lucky or did I have to repush after changing band?

Karl

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

6&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT> >

Reply to