Another rear end question

Anyone with a Lark VI with 3sp/OD - what rear ratio are you running?

Reply to
Pat Drnec
4:27 rear end in my (okay, my Wife's) 62 Daytona convertible .

Dan Kay

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Dan Kay
4:11 rear end in my 61 2dr Wagon. Not much for low end power but gets around 22 mpg.

Nick

Reply to
Studedude

Pat, I saw a chart about 2 years ago that listed a 3.07 as being available for the six with a 3sp/OD. If you take the diff ratio and multiply it time 0.7 you will get the final drive ratio. I have a 3.07 Dana 44 in my 61 with the automatic and it doesn't shot off the line like it did with the 3.73, but it really sings on the highway. I took a trip to Austin Tx from Houston about

Reply to
Paul Villforth

They all start in second gear except for six cylinders... You can get a

1st gear start valve body (as appeared in the very first Flight-O-Matics in 1956) from SASCO. Dennis seems to keep "finding" a few more... BTW, I used to get a regular 25 mpg on my old Lark 259 with a 3.07.

JT

Paul Villforth wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

It is a 6 cylinder equipped car. I suspect a little piece of crap is caught in the governor as it only began to act up after I did a complete fluid change. It is annoying since I scrubbed everything including the fill tube before putting it all back together.

Reply to
Paul Villforth