Anybody heard from Salt2Salt?

I see in the results that on the landracing.com site. On their record run on Aug 12th, the car went through mile two at 134+, but mile three speed was 86. Any one know what happened?

Joe Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab

j-b weld on it they hit 134 I think but over all speed is like 123-4 and they broke the record avanti kid the crank broke pantera kid did real well 211 or so and they are trying to get two in the 200 club the twin turbo avanti got a bent valve so a lot of avantis had a lot of bad luck. saw a f40 Ferrari a friend of Dave went over 200 when I was I Ely found a stude nut he had the 59 transtar pick up from sd that was up for estate sale he has the stude bug about ten of them it was not bad out there no rain this year

Reply to
j.shavish

The Salt2Salt crew covered the headlights on the car and ran it XO Fuel Altered and set a record at 129 MPH!!! Bob Waitz left a message on my answering machine so I dont know any more details.They have loaded up the car and are heading back home.I expect a phone call this evening with more details.

Reply to
Bob

Yes I do! Got back a few hours ago. We'll write it all up on Salt2Salt.com very soon with lots of pics. We did nine runs with our little turbocharged flathead, and went as fast as

137mph on our GPS device. We raised our XO/BGC record to 127 mph and set a new XO/FALT record at 129 mph. We now all have at least two high speed runs on the salt in the car. Stay tuned! National Geographic shot some footage of team members and the car which could show up in mid winter...... Greg Meyers

Reply to
Greg Meyers