Bad weekend

For the most part my luck was not the best. . . besides screwing up the Gas Tank and needing a new one for the Sky Hawk. Had prepped the air cleaner, valve covers, oil pan for paint but the air cleaner was a little rusty so I used por-15 on it and sanding the primer the por-15 started falling off I spend a lot of time marine cleaning and metal prepping all the pieces but left it for a few day before applying por-15. I did use prep-sol for wiping the piece before spraying the por-15 and everything looked fine but I guess I either missed a good size area or I had some residue on the rag. At less this is fixable. Then I went to the Nude Car Show on Sunday and was having a good time even with on again off again showers. Show was suppose to last until 5pm so at 3 I went inside to get something to eat then all hell broke loose, Rain and high winds for about a ½ hour I had order my food so as soon as I got done I went back to the truck. Everyone was leaving or had left as I got to my Truck another Studebaker owner said I won best truck. So I move my truck so the people I was blocking could leave and when up to the tent and found out if you wasn't present then tuff luck. Went back to the truck open the tonneau cover and I had water sitting inside, ruding my photo album, and my camera bag was sitting in water. Someone open the cover and didn't make sure that they closed and locked it properly. I quickly pulled the camera bag out and water started pouring out. Quickly I grab all the equipment inside and was lucky that the bag is made in layers and everything that was expensive was on the top layer and dry. but moisture will creep fast on this equipment. Call the people riding with me and told to get their butts back fast because we was leaving to get back to their car so I could use their car's a/c to help dry out any moisture as soon as possible. When I got back home I used the hair dryer on low to help to dry everything. So far everything looks OK only time will tell.

Lots of nice cars and very nice Nudest Resort too bad the weather took my mind off things.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Sorry about the troubles Rick, but I think I speak for everyone else here... that's not the meet report we wanted to read.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Yeah, I know. . . what I did see was that this place was excellent as far as a quaility fist class place and the people where very friendly. And women was by far better looking and younger on the aveage then any of the Nude Resorts that we been to for car shows, too bad they got this issues with cameras.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Bummer. Por15 likes a little rust to bite into. Doesn't stick as well to perfectly clean metal. I'm also suspicious of these newer prep solvents. I think they are not as good as the old ones due to environmental restrictions. But I'ts just a guess.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

What is the name of the resort? Just curious to get info as I'm in a group here and maybe we could do a similar thing?

Avantilover

Reply to
John Clements

Reply to