Building a fabricated Avanti chassis, need an Avanti body

Working on building an Avanti chassis out of stainless steel. In need of a Avanti body in good structural condition. Will post photos for those interested in it's construction. email: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
gene

John Poulos

Wow, sounds like the ultimate rust free Avanti. How will the strength of the stailess steel compare to the strength of the Studebaker frame?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Looking for a complete car, with a rusted out frame or incomplete/non-functional drive train.

We are building the chassis and drive train, so we need the body and everything that goes with it. Glass, doors, trunk, hood, bumpers, preferably not wrecked body. Interior either way, with or without.

Looking for a '63 or '64, will consider an Avanti II if I can find front fenders from a Studebaker Avanti.

Reply to
gene

". How will the strength of the stailess steel compare to the strength of the Studebaker frame? "

About 1/3 to 1/2 more strength in the material.

More strength in the X-member due to fabrication of tubing with little or no drive shaft dimple in frame.

Reply to
gene

Reply to
John Poulos

Looking for a '63 or '64, will consider an Avanti II if I can find front fenders from a Studebaker Avanti.

You just have to cut the small wheel opening filler pieces from an Avanti II fender to have the look of a Studebaker Avanti fender.

Reply to
studegary