Avanti wanted by museum

From my email: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bellevue Arts Museum (near Seattle) is hosting an exhibition Raymond Loewy: Designs for a Consumer Culture in July of 2007. We would love to exhibit a Studebaker Avanti that is in great condition. Is anyone in your group interested in talking with us about loaning your car to the Museum? If so, please send me a digital photo or two and we will start the process. Thank you, Renate Raymond Director of External Affairs Bellevue Arts Museum

510 Bellevue Way NE Bellevue, WA 98004 (425) 519-0754

Her email is renater(at)bellevuearts.com

Reply to
TomNoller

avantifromct

The first Avanti coupe built by Avanti Motor Corporation Car in Villa Rica Georgia #4 is located in Bellevue Washington and is painted Studebaker tourqupos/ Might make a nice contrast to a cherry Studebaker Avanti.\\\ Regards John Hull

TomNoller wrote:

Reply to
avantifromct

Tom; Will your car be in "great" shape by July, 2007? Depending on how long they want the car for, I wouldn't mind letting them use mine, but it's a bit customized. However, John Austin (Ed's son), if I remember correctly has a cherry 63 R-2 4-speed. I'll call Ed tomorrow and pass along this info. Russ Haggen and Joe Sadler might also loan their cars.

The LeMay Museum has one too, plus they have Serial #R-1001, but it's a basket case.

John - if you're referring to Oliver Yanco (owns Av0004), he lives in Bellingham - about 75 miles north of Bellevue. But the idea is great. I'll pass along the museum's request to him. If he's interested, he can contact them directly.

Rich

Richard Morris Renton, Wa

1964 Avanti R-1 #5367 1990 Avanti 4-door #78
Reply to
Rich

When I talk with an owner of an interesting car, I suggest that s/he consider loaning it to the SDAM, "my", museun for display, thus clearing up 200 sq ft of garage space for a while. Too bad that this show isn't during the rainy season (August - June).

Karl

TomNoller wrote:

Reply to
midlant

John, Nice to see you on the newsgroup! George Rohrbach

Reply to
George Rohrbach

No Rich, I'm afraid mine isn't in museum shape, nor do I have any plans for same. I want to drive and enjoy it, not spaz if a rock doinks the paint. Besides, the rock is all the more likely to take aim at my car the minute it's 'perfect'. Thanks for contacting others! Yes, Oliver in Bellingham...great guy. He's like, 92 and is a great example of never being too old to play with cars.

Reply to
TomNoller