Car hauled

I need a non running Avanti hauled from Albany NY to Texas or close to Texas. Any suggestions for a transporter? Allen

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Try Peg Trucking. (Just noticed her web page has taken on a Studebaker flavor since see does maybe 3-5 month. )

I need a non running Avanti hauled from Albany NY to Texas or close to Texas.

Reply to
John Poulos

You might try snipped-for-privacy@charter.net

That the outfit a lot of Stude folk use. There are a few more on the "services" page

Can you give me some info on the car? Serial number, pics, history? I keep a data base of the ones I find out about...

thanks Bob Johnstone

silverstude

I see that Peg Trucking works out of Janesville WI. Anybody know if that is the car-carrier center of the nation?

In April '01, I made contact through our local antique-tractor conglomerate (Sandusky County Restorers of Antique Power, do the anagram) with a second-generation old tractor guy who also owned/operated. His regular run was to Janesville, where he picked up finished GM truck frames on a single-deck lowboy and took them all the hell over. His last drop on that month's run was about 30 miles from where my just-acquired 6X6 lived, in Deshler NE. As a result, that 7-tonner rode home for just one buck a mile, the absolute cheapest it has ever traveled (it goes 1-5 MPG when under its own Reo Gold Comet power).

Apparently there's a lot of specialty trucking operating in Janesville. It can't all be Lands' End.

Reply to
comatus

There's a big truck body conversion company there that builds and modifies truck bodies. Lot's of trucks in and out... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Can you get it to SB or even central PA?

Reply to
Barry

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com