Carb Question

Now that I have my hawk out of hibernation I took it to a cruise tonight. I noticed that at slow speeds 5-15 mph I am getting a gas fume smell. At idle I don't notice it nor do I notice it above about 15 mph. So I came home and pulled the top off the carb. Float seems to be set right on the money. Any other suggestions? I could not find anything out of the ordinary, no lines, filters etc. leaking.. Its got me puzzled. This is a SC 289 with 2 barrel.

Reply to
Mike Williams

Check the tube between the fuelpump and supercharger. You may have a leaking fuel pump diaphram.!

Reply to
RBK.

Thanks, Robert, I will do that. That had not occurred to me.

Reply to
Mike Williams