ck gas tank

Anybody within shooting range of Cincinnati have a usable CK gas tank?

513 271 84234
Reply to
r4stude

Is that a heavy-duty, special-order, eleven-digit phone number, Nels? BP

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Lee DeLaBarre in Ft. Wayne surely has one, Nels. He would consider a C/K tank to be scrap (i.e, non-Lark), so you could likely buy it pretty cheap, too. BP

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Yeah Bob, do you like that # ? The real # is 513 271 8424. Thanks for letting me know.

Reply to
r4stude

ought to specify what year, there are a few minor variations.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Nate, It's needed for a 53 and I realize there are minor changes but I figure I can do those changes to a late tank. I just don't want to limit the pickings and end up with nothing. It would be nice to get the 53 tank though, it would save some work..

Reply to
r4stude

I will be needing a tank for a 54 hardtop. So, what are the differences in the C-K gas tanks as the cars evolved over the years? I was offered a Hawk tank, but do not yet know the differences.

Thanks, Joel

snipped-for-privacy@c> Nate,

Reply to
Joel

Joel, About the only significant difference I know of is on the earlier tanks the fuel line is a hard fit using fittings to the steel fuel line of the car. The later tank used a rubber hose to connect to the chassis fuel line.

Reply to
r4stude