Cowl molding needed, '53 - 64 C-K

JB needs the NG's help. JB Bragg here in Georgia sent me his 3 pc. cowl molding from his '53 Cp. to be rechromed. His driver's side piece has the mounting tab broken off and someone has drilled a hole through the molding about an inch from the end for a sheet metal screw. Anybody got an extra? How much?

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Shouldn't a '53 have stainless, not pot metal?

In any case, I don't have an extra, sorry :(

nate

Reply to
N8N

Nope. Pot metal. I wish they were stainless. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Nope, AFAIK only the '55 Cp. were stainless (all 7 pieces of belt moldings and the pieces that were in front, above, and in rear of the side glasses). Strange huh?

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

I think I have one Jerry. Let me go out and look to see how crappy it is... Jeff

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Jerry, I have one if what you are talking about is the short piece that goes from the wiper to the door edge under the front windshield. I have no idea what one of these is worth. But it does have a few very small pits. Let me know and I will forward a photo of it. The mounting tag is intact. MikeW

Reply to
Mike Williams

Send a pic.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

I'll be bringing a bunch of cowl mouldings to SB(along with them thar bumpers)if you can wait that long.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob