Kern Celebration Day (not entirely OT)

In today's mail I received an invitation to participate in a car show being held 6/10 at Kern Motors in Winchester, VA. They are celebrating their 60th anniversary as a family-owned dealership in the original location. The interesting thing is the list of makes they have sold in those years (they are presently a Pontiac-GMC-Jeep dealer). Makes: Kaiser, Hudson, Fiat, Jeep, Mack, Frazer, Nash, Metropolitan, Henry J, Packard, Studebaker, Marlin (AMC?), Edsel, Renault, Willys, Rambler, Pontiac, Indian, Oldsmobile, Triumph and GMC. I bought my Olds Bravada there. Their Service Department waiting room used to feature a numbers of their "Hudson Dealer of the Month" plaques. I mentioned their Studebaker connection to a salesman there and his comment was "we have sold a lot of losers over the years". They are trying to get cars from every make they sold to attend the show. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Bring along a list of cars that qualify for Milestone Car Society and see how many they sold of those specific models. (If they sold six Avantis, that counts only once, of course.)

Karl

They might out-do Hoffmann

Reply to
midlant

On the flyer I got they have pictures of their dealership with (1) a Kaiser-Fraser sign on top of the building with five Kaisers in front (three with taxi signs on top), (2) with a Mack Truck sign on the building with a Mack truck in front and, (3) A picture with a Studebaker sign on the top of the building with a several '53s (coupe and Land Cruiser) plus a Packard sitting in front. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson