Cylinder Head blueprint

I was told that one could buy a blueprint of the Studebaker V8 cylinder head. Is this true? If so, where can I purchase a set? Are there any other Studebaker blueprints available?

Thanks,

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

If you write the Studebaker Museum and tell them what you want, they will do the research and charge you $25 per hour for the search. Last year I gave them a part number and they sent me the print for about $50. I got what I wanted, its a great contribution to a great cause and you are supporting a great Studebaker resource. Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

I will try that if no one can come up with anything else.

Thanks.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

While your at it, ask for the R3 heads blueprint (:-) Maybe we could recast them.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Years ago at the end SASCO would either give you the prints free if you went to the counter, or at most it was some nominal fee like $0.50. At the time I got a couple of oddball prints, like the R$ accelerator pedal rod, the R4 carb choke stove to carb pipe, that sort of thing.

-- wf.

Bill Clark wrote:

-
Reply to
randee

I contacted the museum and they are checking out how many feet of copying it will take, plus revisions. They charge $15 per foot.

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

messagenews:%hEQh.20838$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

I already have the R3 blueprints and I have already cast them in iron with some modifications.

Nimesh

Reply to
nsolanki77

Gonna try aluminum next time?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I bet that was expensive (:-)

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

What sort of modifications did you make? Did you use iron instead of aluminum because of the design was for iron and the specifications allowed for a small amount of shrinkage as opposed to the greater amount for aluminum or was there another reason? What was the cost difference? Have you used the heads on an engine and did the improvements you made turn out to be real improvements? Apart from the port size, and valves to match, what are, if any, the differences between an R3 and a standard head?

Wiz?

Reply to
Wizard of Oz