Interchangeability of 300Tdi cylinder heads.

Is there anybody out there that can help me with 300Tdi cylinder heads. I have a Defender 1998 110 with a 300 Tdi engine, the head was damaged by a broken valve and taken to a workshop for repair and the workshop has mislaid it!

The original head was embossed with 'ERR 5027' which I have presumed is the part number, I have been offered a reasonable head with 'HRC

2281' embossed on it.

I would like to know if any expert can advise if the 'HRC 2281' can used in place of the 'ERR 5027'

Many thanks for any assistance.

Tony Griffith

Reply to
Griffith

ERR5027 is indeed the part number for a 300Tdi head. The HRC2281 number isn't, it's a casting number, suplier number or whaterver. As far as I know, all 300Tdi heads are interchangeable, with the proviso that if you biuy a new one now it has a different head gasket - older heads should use the original gaskets ERR5261/2/3 or occasionaly ESR7154, not the new ones LVB500200/10/20

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds