Daytona six cyl?

Did Daytona's come with six's in them? Doesn't seem right, even if they did.

Reply to
Pckstude

They sure did... I've had a couple of them

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Indeed they did! You could get a 6 in a Daytona in all years except South Bend produced US market 1964's. On the other hand, it didn't seem right you could get a Chevrolet Impala SS in a 6 either, but one could... :)

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8

I have a 6 in my 1963 Daytona Conv.

snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

And I have one in my 62 Daytona covertible - with a 4:27 rear end.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Kay

My '63 Daytona HT has a 6 cylinder and auto trans and 3:73 rear... I'm playing with the idea of swapping it all out for a V8 and 4 speed. Still in the thinking stages though...

Matthew

Dan Kay wrote:

Reply to
mbstude

I had a strange one a few years ago- a '63 Daytona hardtop Skytop, six cylinder, three speed (no o/d), heater and no other options (no radio, dog dish hubcaps, blackwall 6.00x15s). Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

That is an odd one Paul. I'm surprised that he didn't mention it, but Studebaker George has a twin to my car, a '63 HT with 6 and auto trans. His is solid black though and has a near perfect original interior. The engine is stuck, though.

Here's a poor picture of it.

Matthew

Paul Johns> >I have a 6 in my 1963 Daytona Conv.

Reply to
mbstude

My engine was stuck too (as was the clutch), but I got both freed ok and the engine ran fine. It only had 22,000 miles on it, but had been sitting on the street in Washington, DC for a LONG time. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
nthornton

"MB's engine was stuck when I drug it out of the woods 22 years ago. We

got it freed up and it's been running ever since. NT "

I had forgotten about that, and that's my own car! It is smoking quite a bit now though. :( But, I'm working on 'fixing' that problem. ;) But, it will crank up and go! Oh, I was always told it was drug out of a pond...

Matthew

snipped-for-privacy@cybersouth.com wrote:

Reply to
mbstude