DICO IAFMAO BRRRRR

Set decoder ring to WTF and put hand back into mitten.

This 32 and 32 stuff is for the birds. But, then again....Buffalo and Syracuse are way, way worse off... Even Tallahassee was cool on Sunday.

Reply to
Deepnhock

It's way warmer than that here in CT Jeff! Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Colder than a WTIABB here!

Howard.

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Heh... Just wait a few more days.

Meanwhile, 60's 'n 70's in Austin for a good part of the week.

We'll probably get ours next month though...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I still want to come up and drag my muddy feet over that white carpet...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I didn't know you haled from CT... Maybe on my next trip back to RI, we can get together for a coffee..

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

It's been too long since we visited!

Dave

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Well, I hope to sorta get back into the swing of things this coming year. After the last trip to Tulsa in '01 I believe, I sorta let the Hawk sit in storage starting it occasionally.

But not often enough as the gas went bad, ended up by bending all the intake pushrods etc. So, I finally bit the bullet, pulled the heads, cleaned and lapped the valves, installed new (to me) pushrods and am now just re-installed the newly cleaned gas tank. I hope to have the car running on its own by the first of the year.

I'm kind of planning on going to Springfield in (June?). Never the less, I will make it a point to drive this car at least twice a month. It's still less then a 100K on the odometer and will sport a new paint job and tires.

I'm considering Diamondback or maybe original style repos. I like the radial handling but this car is also an unmolested Power Hawk. I'm the second owner.

So, perhaps a stop up in your neck o' the woods might become a reality.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

The cold weather has been tough here...I am burning kerosene like mad and still freezing. Tomorrow they say it will give us a break...in the fifties! The electricians coming to work on my crappy wiring called and canceled for today and I told them I didn't blame them one bit... They are friends and chapter members that know how cold my shop can be... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Sounds like when I had operating space in a large old garage. A 150,000 BTU Reddy heater would "warm" an area immediately surrounding but heat the whole building, not a chance! Kero back in them thar' days well under $! per gallon but it still was costly. Of course this was in southern New England.

The cold weather pattern (for you) is forecast to last through Christmas while we in the Austin area are getting a break by being on the western periphery of the cold stuff. Highs of 60-70 for a couple of days followed by 40-50 with wind chill to boot.

Roller coaster weather to be sure!

Stay warm,

JT

(Today's high near 80, Friday's about 53)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I have a 30,000 btu propane heater in my 600 sq ft garage. It heats it up to 70 quickly, but the floor stays very cold!

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Yep, 25-30K BTUs will do the average garage nicely. The secret to cold floors is to never let the temperature fall below 50° but that could get pretty expensive...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Heh... I'm old and already "creepy" enough! But I do occasionally pack some "heat."

JT

Deepnhock wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Heated creepers... that sounds painful.

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

We finally got a break today and the next few days will also be nice..but rainy. What a difference even ten degrees makes! JT I pack 'heat' every day but it don't keep me from freezin'...... BTW, you never got me any pics of the 50 Champion you have...or did it already get sold? Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Got the pics....kind 'o 'ruff'...but parts cars is parts cars... JT is that your boneyard or is the 'jewel' in rented parking.... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Nope. Property belongs to a friend who specializes in Cadillacs.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire