Even more Forum sillyness..

I have been concerned about the MPG my lawn mower is getting; perhaps I should add overdrive or remove the mower deck and/or change the rear axle ratio? Or maybe I should get a couple goats and park the mower? Take it away, Jeffy....... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George
\

NO GOATS! They LOVE to climb, especially on nice shiny paint, and are just heavy enough to damage your Studebaker!

I love little animals.....they are delicious!

There is always room for God's little creatures....right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

I really like young goats.....nothing like cabrito on the barbee!

Jim in Texas

Reply to
8Njim

Though I'm not made of money, I have never ever cared about fuel mileage. I drive my Stude and it uses however much gas it's going to use, so no point it worrying about it. On my last two out of town trips (one to Atlanta area, one to Tallahassee), the car got a consistent 20 MPG. Both trips are 200 miles each way. For a well used unrestored 58 Commander 259 automatic and a lead footed kid behind the wheel... I can live with it. Besides. I think it leaks more oil than the gas it uses. George can back me up there.. He's all too familiar with the massive puddles on his shop floor.

I have always wanted an Avanti. But if can't get 25 MPG, I'll buy a moped and put Avanti emblems on it.

MB

Reply to
mbstude

Hmm...on second thought, Jim is right, goats are a silly idea... I had almost forgotten years ago I went to the ramshackle 'home' of a guy who professed to have been one of the last to work for the local Studebaker dealership. In his front yard returning to mother nature were a 64 Challenger two door and a very rough bullet nose. After shaking my head over what he was asking for those he informed me that he had 'several more out back'... Out back were about five more but they were in a large goat pen.. They were totally destroyed. I went in and looked but a large billy goat didn't like me being in his area and kept sneaking up behind me to 'draw a bead' on my ass. I didn't buy anything and all that stuff went to the crusher. And believe me folks, that is where it belonged. Maybe some cows instead....a neighbor has donkeys but they are too loud... I wonder.. if the cow doesn't eat enough grass, can I put overdrive on it? I have a model of one... (Nascow Stockyard)

George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Your dream is closer than you realize

Deepnhock

Well...... They're onto the seventh thread in a couple of months about that COE Stude toy truck now....

Reply to
Deepnhock

AN Brake lines anyone?

Deepnhock