Frame lifts

Has anyone ever had a negative experience with a Studebaker Hawk being lifted with a frame lift rather than a wheel lift? My mechanic is afraid that lifting my 58 K Body Hawk will be problematic if he uses a frame lift.

Reply to
Mike Williams

I use them all the time, no problem.

Mike Williams wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Just keep the doors closed while it is up and you'll be fine. Jeff

"Mike Williams" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Mike: The important thing is to be sure he puts the adjustable arms as far toward the ENDS of the car as possible, so as little weight as possible is hanging unsupported off each end.

This is especially true with a "K" body [i.e, long-wheelbase, no center pillar] Stude. BP

Mike Williams wrote:

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Or, if they have to be open to work on some part of the interior, open them before lifting and close them after it is down.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno