Fuel guage question

If the gauge on my 62 Cruiser never gets all the way to the top upon fill-up, and never all the way to empty when it leaves me walking, might replacing the cork on the sending unit help anything?

Am I looking at a sending unit replacement?

Dave Miller, Sylvester, GA

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

It's just a hunch, but it sounds to me like the sending unit has already been replaced with one that doesn't match the gage. I'd try replacing it with one from a vendor that knows it is compatible with the dash gage.

Tim K.

Reply to
GTtim

And while you're at it, go get the brass float from a Ford dealer - I replaced the cork float and it's a perfect fit! Snaps right into the sender arm on my R2 Avanti.

Ford P/N CAOZ-9202-B. Cost me $10.87 Cdn last week.

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

Dave $1.00 worth of gas doesn't register much or get you very far nowdays.

Reply to
PatSkelly

LOL!!!!

Reply to