GL-4 only for steering box?

I thought I'd seen this somewhere, and sure enough I found in the '58 supplement (but not in the 1956 manual!) "do not use hypoid lubricant" which I assume means that there is "yellow" metal in the steering box and therefore one should use GL-4 or lower (not GL-5 or GL-6.) correct? I'm talking about a Saginaw integral box, BTW.

nate

(reason I ask is, I've got about a half case of Redline Heavy Shockproof laying around... but I'm fresh out of MT-90.)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I'm talking about a Saginaw integral box, BTW.

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Bob,

think about where I live... I'm familiar with Tractor Supply; but I think the closest one to me is York, PA :(

I will try to see if I can find a speed shop that has any MT-90 in stock...

thanks,

nate

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to