Good Day!

Got my thermostat replaced in the 61 today - woohoo!! No more over heating - the old one had fallen apart. Tried to get the defroster hose replaced, and realized that the easiest way would be to take the vent off, put the hose on and put the vent back in - trouble was, I needed a knuckle to get to the second screw. So, loaded up the girl, went to taco bell where two different women asked about the car, then around the corner to Autozone for the knuckle. Pulled in, and the scruffy looking guy trying to fix his 4runner in the parking lot knew immediately what she was, even though he had this strange idea that it would have a 390 under the hood... 3 guys inside were curious, the old guy behind the counter said his truant officer had a 61... Then on the way home, I had to swing into the laundromat because a 53 chebby was sitting there. The old guy with the chebby said," That's a

61!". Talked a bit, then headed home. Car was running like a dream, still running cool. It is also nice to have the front shocks replaced, no more tires rubbing the fenders on sharp turns!

Dan Kay

Reply to
Dan Kay