Busy day!

Long and busy day; sold the Champ truck (finally!) and will be getting the repair work on it. After that, got a 55 K's engine fired after finally getting a couple valves to come loose. Had been sitting for about seven or so years and although the carb is gummed up and it ran out of a gas can, the owner was there for the event and wants to proceed on. After that, tossed a GT on a lift and dropped the pan to fix some pesky leaks. Should finish that tomorrow and then will put spring bushings in it and a dual master cylinder conversion. Parts arrived for two more jobs waiting patiently in the shop. My Hawk is still running cooler than ever and begging me to find time for it's AC installation. I wish I was twenty years younger...and there was two of me... Oh, and got a line on two bulletnoses in a barn about twenty miles from me... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

You need to take on a young apprentice, and INFECT him with the disease!

Dave Miller So. Ga. SDC

Reply to
Georgia Studebaker

I would LOVE to find a young guy who wants to learn, Dave, but most kids today are the "IPOD/cellphone" type that wouldn't want to get a spot of dirt on their hands. I still wonder what the hell they talk about to each other all day long (on the phone) as they don't DO a damned thing... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

my "apprentice" bailed out on me, I was paying $10.00 an hour but he said the work was demeaning.

Reply to
oldcarfart

Once you find that out, find out what women talk about at 7:30 on the drive into work.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

So he went to flip burgers with his buddies for $6.25/hr.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

My radiator guy told me he had hired his young nephew to do delivery but the kid worked one day and then didn't show up the next; said he couldn't call 'cause his cell phone battery was dead. Then had the nerve to show up at closing time and ask dear 'ol Unk for some money...Unk told him it wasn't his battery that was dead, it was his brain... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Learning how to work on/ fix up/ enhance CARS is demeaning?

Seems it would make him the envy of his peers.

Reply to
Georgia Studebaker