Good day for another 55 coupe!

After being idle for more than 30 years, my Speedster started and moved on its own today. Now all I gotta do is save my money so I can go back to the body shop and get that other fender done. :) Bill

Bill Clark

Wow... I'm not so impressed that you got it moving (although that has to be a gratifying achievement) but the bodywork on that thing is amazing! You ought to be proud... your project is a little more, um, ambitious than mine. what happened to the fender, or did it just never get done?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
jab-ph

Reply to
Bill Clark

You do realize that any alignment you do before the whole front end is on, radiator filled with fluid, etc. is only going to be a rough guess, right?

nate

Bill Clark wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Actually there is very little that I know for sure Nate other than I do most everything twice. The first time is usually a bitch or I spend more time worrying than actually doing. The second time is usually easy. I expect this will be the same. I'll learn how to do it with about 120 pounds of wood pellets on the frame to make believe I got to fenders, a bumper, a gravel pan, grill and a hood screwed on. It should make the second time easier. Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

That looks amazing. I envy your body/paint skills. I can handle mechanicals but the welding and body work I just don't know how to do. Can't wait to see the finished car!

Reply to
NAV