Great people in Studes

I am new to the club even though I have owned Studes for years. I am very fortunate to have what I feel are some of the most knowledgeable Stude people, Jeff and Bob, as club members who can help an "all thumbs person like me keep my stable of Studes in good shape." If Jeff ever moves away I might as well sell my collection!! I recently bought a car from John Poulus and am very pleased with it. Since getting more involved with Studes lately, I also have talked with, and purchased some parts from Lee DeLeBarre.I have had numerous phone sessions with both of them, some of which turned into good ol' BS sessions. I have never personally met either one of them, but would count them among my friends. I called John about a Stude I thought about buying on EBAY as it is a model I have always liked. He told me both he and Lee and looked at it and thought about bidding on it to fix up and sell. After visiting with him, I came to the realization that by the time I got it shipped here and had it redone I would be in it a fortune, so I decided to pass. Lo and behold I got a call from John saying he and Lee had talked about it and said if I wanted the car they would not bid on it and run the price up that I would end up paying for it. Since they fix them up to sell, and I wanted it as a keeper, they would rather see me get it. He also told me that if he won it, after fixing it up, he would call me before placing it on Ebay and give me the opportunity to purchase it at a fair price. Then I checked my email and there was an email from Lee saying the same thing! I can not tell you how much that phone call and email meant to me. These guys don't even know me yet were concerned for me. I hope someday to be able to meet them both, as I have the utmost respect, not just for their knowledge, but their integrity as well. Dave

PS: anyone got a real, real nice 59 (not 60) Lark grille. I hit a deer going to the ORPHAN show last month.

Reply to
destry8

BTW, I was just as pleased to hear that your body guy was able to fix the door alignment on the 62, something, Studebaker, N8 and me were unable to do. Also great to hear that the carb on the car was just crapped up. You don't know how hard it is to sell a few 100 Studebaker without one coming back to bite the new owner in the butt. I'd love to know how he got the bottom rear of the door pulled in since it's a issue I'd like to be able to fix on other cars.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Me too!