Hawk front end conversion

We've been swapping the front end of a '56 Power Hawk to look like a '54 coupe. Today was a milestone. After much cutting and modifying, we got the hood to latch and stay closed! It still needs a lot of fit and finish, but it's getting there. We have 10 years or so to finish this one; it's going to be the car for my 7 year old cousin, Josh. He couldn't be more excited. He's insisted that we pull my car out of the shop and go ahead and redo his. I suppose that enthusiasm is a good thing, but... The thing with Josh, was that he was infected by the disease before he know any better. Poor kid, I know what it's like. ;)

BTW, the front grille panel is fiberglass.

Pic here.

And here.
We did some things with my Daytona too. It's all here.
Matthew Burnette

Reply to
mbstude