Help with Studebaker Truck Wheels

I got an e-mail from a fellow looking for some 17" Studebaker truck wheels. In particular, they need to be the 5-lug, one ton, 17" Budd split-ring type.

If you have any or know of a lead on them, please let me know and I'll pass it on.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Lee, I don't know if this will help, but...... in the 60s and 70's the railroad use to use 17" wheels on the 1 T trucks (not duals) that rode the rails. And I think they had a special offset to fit the gauge. It wasn't anything weird but a different offset than normal.

Studeski Claude Chmielewski snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com

Fillmore, Wisconsin

1947 M16 Truck 1962 GT Hawk 1963 Lark 1964 Commander Wagonaire

Lee wrote:

Reply to
Studeski

Did you check with SASCO ? I've seen some big truck wheels upstairs.

Studeski wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I've got a set of those, Lee, but they are holding up a running 2R series truck, so I'm loathe to part with them.

I suppose I would consider swapping the set (7 rims and tires) for some more modern "will-fit" wheels, though. But shipping would be a b****

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

I agree shipping would be nuts on something like that, Gord. I'll pass along the info though.

I have never seen a 5-lug wheel of this type other than on the 2 one-ton trucks I have here.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Hi George,

Thanks and it DOES help. I'll pass this info along and see what he can do with it.

Lee

truck, so I'm

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I think I have some -will check.

Reply to
Barry

Apparently, the wheel he is searching for is #59340. This has the correct type locking ring, offset, and width....

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Lee, In Omaha I overheard a discussion about big truck wheel while standing at the Fairborne Studebaker table. The truck they drive has later, more modern wheels, maybe those guys could help. Joe Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab

The guy looking for these has later, more modern wheels for and on the truck. He really wants a set of the correct ones for show purposes.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee