I might could understand

If you built a hot rod, don't use an "excellent running car".

Young Captian

Sh*tter.

Mark

65 Cruiser
Mark Anderson

Yeah at least use an "old sled" that did not have good components! Louis

Reply to
GABOY

Reply to
Young Captian

I can understand both sides actually... if you have a vision in mind and you "need" to start with a certain year/model car to execute that vision, it makes sense both in time and money to start with the best example possible, which is likely either a restored car or an excellent unrestored example.

That said, there's enough of a purist in me that I was GLAD to find a '55 coupe with a good body but enough "hacking" done to it that it wasn't economical to restore - now I don't have to feel guilty doing what I want to do to it. I certainly would have a hard time modifying it were it all original. But that's just me.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I understand, but the words that would properly express my contempt for what this guy did I will not use on the NG.

In a manner of speaking it's like I can understand how a guy might be attracted to a well developed 15 year old girl. The attraction is understandable, acting on it is not.

Jeff DeWitt

Young Captian wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

THANKS JEFF!

That expresses the situation in a manner that says it all! Louis

Reply to
GABOY