Is this puller worth going after?

I'm just asking for future reference.

Joe H.

Reply to
Joe

What a monster! Looks a tad clumsy, but it should work ok. I kind of like the loose but captive legs on the puller I have. I can just imagine fumbling around with those open end legs sliding off while you are trying to hold the puller and start the lug nuts.. Jeff

"Joe" wrotet...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

John Poulos

Great. Thanks, John.

Joe

Yeah. I wondered. Thanks, Jeff.

Joe

YOu might think of checking with Phil. I picked one of these up from Ted for a lot less than this one. I assume Phil is now handling these but you would have to check with him. MikeW

Mike Williams

Chuck Collins

Thanks, Chuck. That's interesting. Will look into it.

Joe

Or, as my buddy George would say: "DAMMIT! Buy the FLANGED AXLES!!!"

Dave Miller

Reply to
South Ga. 62 Cruiser

I have one that is modeled after the one featured on e-bay. It was fashioned years ago by my friends father who happened to be a blacksmith. It works fine. I think the one on e-bay was owned by Steve Grant. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8

Thanks, guys. I ordered one from Ted Harbit per John's original reply. I'm probably too klutzy to make one for myself.

Joe H.

Reply to
Joe

I have one of those pullers, that I bought new for $7 or so in 1963. I've used it for pulling all kinds of things, including Stude brake drums - works great. For the purpose of Stude brake drums, it's really no different than the puller shown in the shop manual.

This one's been used though - note the mushroomed head of the main bolt.

Frank Starr

Reply to
fstarr
7 bucks? That reminds me of what car prices were back then. *g*

Joe H.

Reply to
Joe