Latest on Burned Hawk

Apparently, the insurance company decided that it was cheaper to settle with the nut then fight it out in court. So, I'm off the hook so to speak. Accordingly, my policy will not be affected, but the insurance company did make a few recommendations to ensure something like this doesn't occur again.

  1. Install large sign with large letters.

A. The owner of this facility is the final authority in all matters concerning servicing of vehicles in this facility.

B. Customers are not allowed in, or near vehicles being serviced by this facility.

C. Customers found in, or near said vehicles while servicing is in progress will be ask to leave and not come back.

D. If customer has a problem with either B, or C refer to A.

A little humor on the agents part.

Now for the good part, the guys insurance company has ask me to do the cost estimate for repairs? They don't have any experience, or parts sources to locate replacement parts.

Hmmmmmmmmmm? I wonder if I should charge them for my time and efforts? Say, $150.00 per hour for my expertise, and use of my parts sources?

Bo (Not me, I'd never padd the bill)

Reply to
64daytonaht

You are a professional asked to perform a service. If I were a lawyer, I would include a bill. (send me a gas cap gasket for a '66 Commander and I'll call it quits.)

KDH

Reply to
midlant