Mechanical Aptitude Test?

at the end

on that. Is

case it SHOULD

You need to have high viscosity with the hydraulic coupling concept, whereas the blowing wind works for this one. Anyhow, you beat me by 6

Reply to
Karl Haas

I am as smart as John P :)

78% here also
Reply to
Mark

86, barely passed, disappointed there is no way to view errors as everyone has commented
Reply to
jab-ph

As knowledgeable about the test, yes, smart as, maybe. You just reminded me of one of my best friends, Vicky. She said and often acted dumb as a fence post in the years she worked for me, often humorlessly so. I first assumed she was a little light in the brain cell department, but she quickly learned the car and home stereo business in the 10 years she worked for me. She then announced she was going to take college accounting courses and I told her not to be disappointed if she did not do well. She shoved her high test scores under my nose and I finally figured out her brain was just fine, it just needed feeding.

Now if I see someone that might not be well spoken, or lacks knowledge in a certain area, I don't assume they are light intellectually. The bad news about my friend is that she learned she was not dumb while working for me, once she learned that, she decided it was dumb staying there. (She is now making 50K plus a managing a office.)

Mark wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos
86% here.

-- thanks, Jerry Forrester check out my ebay store....

Jerry Forrester

Missed #7, 17, 19, 26, 38, 41, and 44. Guess I don't do so good with pulleys and fans blowing at each other.

-- thanks, Jerry Forrester check out my ebay store....

Jerry Forrester
86 here, I should have done better..

Jerry Forrester wrote:

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

When the test is over, scroll up and use the magnifying glass to check your answers.

Reply to
zoombot
92 %, but I had to draw a picture of the fans (:-)

Reply to
ALEX M.

Okay, I got suckered in reading all your comments. I may not have passed but I got a 62% and I just read the questions and answered with what looked logical. Was surprised looking at the questions some of the ones I got right.

Reply to
Karin Gillette

Reply to
Newsgroups

Reply to
Karl Haas

Funny about that fan question, It brought back a memory from fifty years ago. I was in the machne shop of the destroyer, all alone with the lights out as I was shineing the strobe light on a moving fan. A young, not-too-bright junior electrican came in. I said, "Hey McCarthy, notice how the fan is still, yet there's air comng from it." He stuck his finger in the fan, obviously, or I wouldn't be telling this. I guess the was sick at A school the day they covered strobe lights. He didn't like me after that.

Reply to
Karl Haas

Heh... that's funny.

The more I think about it the more I think that the fan question was poorly worded. I know the answer - the unpowered fan will be driven by the powered one, and its blades will spin in the opposite direction to the powered fan relative to each fan's respective motor (i.e. the powered fan is running in the "forward" direction, and the unpowered fan is "running" in the "reverse" direction,) or in the *same* direction as the powered fan relative to the direction in which the powered fan was pointed. (they were pointed towards each other, remember.) But which frame of reference was the writer of the question using? I honestly don't know as I didn't check whether I missed that question or not.

Yeah, I'm that guy that would overthink exam questions when I really was in school, too.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Wow your not the only one did that trick on a Mr. Slow...and not 50 years ago either...Boy you made me laugh kid...

Lansing

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

100%.

The fan was the tricky one. If the same fan blades are used on both, airflow across one fan is precisely the same as the other. They turn in a common direction, and at a common rate. Turn one fan around, angles of the blades are precisely the same as they were when reversed, and the blades turn, again, in the common direction.

Cool test. Thanks for posting the link. A lot of good information on that site.

D Peter Maus