OHV six ignition

Has anyone done a conversion for the OHV six distributor? Is there a Pertronix or equivalent conversion? Any one have the current part numbers for cap, rotor, condenser, points, etc...? Also what color did the original engine come in? What year, what color? Was head and block the same color? Does any one have some photos of a stock color scheme?

Thanks,

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

Check out this web site:

Henry

Reply to
blacklarkviii

I have pertronix for most Studebakers. Give me a call at 937-878-1576, Fairborn Studebaker

Reply to
stude232

Reply to
Transtar60

I believe it is a Mallory Unilite trigger in a new billet housing.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Thanks N8N, I knew it started with an M.

N8N wrote:

Reply to
Transtar60

I have one of them in a v8. I went to the mallory coil and wires too. (you know how it is when the new summit cat. shows up.). I am very pleased. timing is rock solid. would I do it again. Absofrigginlootly!! Rich

Reply to
am not r2

I was at the local generator rebuilder a while back and they had universal hall pickups in stock that one could use for anything. The pickups bolted in in place oc the breaker points and you just slipped this ring over the breaker cam so you could use the same pickup and just select the ring for the number of cylinders.

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

Any idea how much and what brand they were?

All I need is a trigger to take the place of the points and what you mentioned sounds like the part. My ignition system is first rate except for the inconsistency in the lobes and the rubbing block of the points.

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz