more ebay

As an A2 seller of about 5000 items ..with 3 negative feedbacks..all from non-pay bidders..I would like to point out (that)sellers are ebay customers and pay fees. Buyers are NOT ebay customers and pay NOTHING! Why do you feel it proper to empower those with whom you have no relationship nor collect any monies over your customers? My customers are not your customers. You have no business interfering until I fail to perform..and then your business is with me..not my customers. Taking away my ability to keep ebay safe from bad buyers only weakens ebay..not make it stronger. You need to get your priorities straight. George Taylor

Reply to
Barry

As a (mostly) buyer, I might disagree with the characterization that buyers are not customers of eBay... a) I am both a buyer AND a seller, albeit mostly a buyer; I want to be able to complain or answer a complaint when I'm treated badly, whether I'm a buyer or a seller b) Even when I'm a buyer I pay the eBay fees indirectly when an item is sold to me c) eBay deals with me directly, via their computer interface, as does the seller; without the buyer (just as without the seller) there is no eBay

That said, I too, disagree with sellers not being able to leave factual feedback; as a buyer, when I find the seller of an item I'm interested in has a habit of flaming buyers who complain, I'm not likely to bid on his items, because a) multiple buyers are obviously unhappy with him b) people with an attitude/temper are not people I want to do business with; there's no excuse for sellers to be other than polite and factual, especially when writing in a place where potential buyers see it... they're stupid for doing it

Reply to
WayneC

They are just going through another one of their phases, that makes no real sense. Then everytime the top-dog leaves, it is their excuse to raise prices. They said prices are going down, but big deal. They dropped the posting fee slightly, but raised the final value fee greatly. They only told half the story, the half that they want people and the media to hear. Their own forums are filling up fast with angry comments. Business is hurting and it is affecting their pockets and their shareholder's pockets.. The sellers foot the bill, yet many are disgruntled. Either way, their glory days are just about over. It's just the same-old, same-old. They don't really like occasional sellers and are trying hard to make some of them bow out. Looks like they found a way.

Reply to
keith_kichefski

eBay has gotten to big for its britches and this is one of the results.

Also, it gets more complicated to list an item for sale. What used to take a few minutes now has become a tiresome involved procedure.

Hence, I rely more on Craig's List these days...

JT

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire