Need a turning wheels & info R2

I just picked up an R2 badge for my 64 R2 clone, what holds it on? special nuts? and a bar? or a washer and push on nuts? Also would like to buy a September 1989 Turning Wheels with a 64 Daytona HT on the cover.

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

Pal nuts through the grill, BTW, the grill badge was used on only full package Hawks. There were two styles in 64, one for Lark, one for Hawk.

Wag> I just picked up an R2 badge for my 64 R2 clone, what holds it on?

Reply to
John Poulos

Bob..

I have one copy of Sept '89 TW and could send you copies of any articles you want...I also have a restored 64 Daytona hardtop R-1 clone..

Barry Leppan >I just picked up an R2 badge for my 64 R2 clone, what holds it on?

Reply to
studee64 via CarKB.com

Barry, i need anything pertaining to 64 Larks, anything R related especially, Mine is a 64 Commander Auto bench seat 3:55 TT clone

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

John the Sept 89 TW shows a 64 Daytona with a grille badge, looks to be a R1, I got a scan of the cover with the R2 badge i bought, The guy i got it from bought the badge for his R2 - 63 Hawk and it didn't fit. He thought it may be for a lark, He was from Texas, he had seen my car at the Robbers Cave car show,

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

Bob, The Hawk R-1 badges are flat at the back and bolt on...the Lark version has a 'contoured' back edge which allows it to 'fit' into the grill bars, and stay there, it still has nuts to hold it..

I have some pics of it 'somewhere'...if you want to give me your e-mail address..mine is snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca

We have had our Daytona since 1989...it was a factory 289 4 bll, 4 speed, 3:

73 TT and we have cloned it with badges, cam, engine rebuild, chrome under the hood, etc..

I have gathered a fair amount of info on the 64's over the years and can share via scanning if that helps you..

We are currently restor>Barry, i need anything pertaining to 64 Larks, anything R related >especially,

Reply to
studee64 via CarKB.com

Reply to
John Poulos

You may want to look at TW articles June 77 and July 82 as well. As JP said the grille badges were used only on the package cars but look good on any of them. Denny L

64 Daytona R1 convertible (Package car) 64 Avanti R1 53 Champion Starliner modified

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
lockmon