100+ Mile Stude Club trip

NE Okla Studebaker Club took a trip up to Woolaroc museum this saturday

5 Studes made the trip up without a problem, 1960 Hawk 64 PBR clone of mine 52 4dr 55 Speedster of our club president sporting new correct tricolor pink/grey/white paint and NGr Jim Krise bringing up the rear in his nice 63 Cruiser I had a car load of grandkids on a hot day (97 to 100 degrees) and left solo back to Tulsa, but the 64 never missed a beat, So now the engine gets tore down to install the supercharger, will drive the 55 Conestoga till daily everything is done,

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

This past Sunday our club had a meeting near Rochester, NY so I took the opportunity to leave early and go to a toy show in Rochester while I was there. I took my '59 Lark 2 door with a 6 and no OD. The trip was 300 miles round trip with no problems and the Lark just purred along even at highway speeds. It's got to be the most dependable car I've ever owned.

Steve Grant a.k.a. the Madd Doodler

1881 Horse Drawn Grain Wagon 1951 Champion Starlite Coupe 1959 Lark 4 door 23,000 miles (For Sale) 1959 Lark 2 door sedan 1963 Daytona 2 door hardtop 1965 Daytona 2 door (for sale)
Reply to
madd_doodler

Steve,

I attended the Letchworth Park meet in the same Rochester area a few weeks ago. I put 800 miles on the '64 Cruiser over the weekend, and it runs and drives like it was new. I drive it to work every day, too. Much more fun than a Honda. Forty years ago, I was driving a '64 Studebaker. I've come a long way!

Jim Bradley

'64 Daytona HT ?Rerun? '64 Cruiser ?Rainman? snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Remove HAT to reply

madd snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bradley

The Studebaker might be a more comfortable than the Honda but I can assure you that my '83 Civic FE handles better than any Studebaker period. And, the floor shift is far superior to anything ever produced in the US.

Still, I do look forward to the eventual debut of the '55 Prez sedan semi-daily driver but it will have some modern extras to include a Versailles front seat. (1950's era seats are the pits...)

JT

Jim Bradley wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire