New toy (OT but relevant)

have been some Studebaker in the genes as it's already leaking...Now all I have to do is get it running (been sitting inside for eightyears since owner's death) and figure out how to work the thing....Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Studebaker George

I used a fork lift occasionally while working HVAC while at college. One rear tire was smaller than another, so there was a list to the damn thing and one fork was worn shorter then the other. The large Chevy stake truck had a bent tie-rod and the tires were looking at the same spot closely ahead. Instead of fixing it, he'd send us to a junkyard to get a worn tire mounted. The squeal of the tires cleared my way going into the roundabouts near Boston. Eventually, I took a jack to it, removed the bend and roughly aligned the wheels, checking with a tape measure. It was fine after. The boss was away, so no one was there to complain about me "wasting time." The company, having been formed during the depression, folded during a hot, busy, spell in 1964. Good luck Karl

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
midlant