Chevy 101 OT but relevant

Was by my buddy's shop this morning to drop off three 56 hawk hoods for him to make one good one out of and he showed me a 56 Chevy that he is just about done with. Last I saw of the car it was still on the rotisserie but "sealed in" Been a while since I visited... The car is being restored to bone stock save for the addition of modern AC. It is without a doubt one of the very best shoebox Chevys I have ever seen and I'm sure it will take top national honors. The cost to date...yup, that's where the 101 comes in. One hundred and one thousand bucks. I'm not a shoebox kind of guy, and I have seen 'hunnerts (maybe thousands) but this thing is stunning. Next time I hear Stude guys bellyaching about prices...... I wish I had that kind of $$ for him to do the bodywork on one of my Studes.... The front and rear bumper assemblies (front has the optional bar with "dagmars" and the rear has a Continental kit) were NOS and then show chromed..ten grand.... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Puts the prices at Barret-Jackson into perspective, doesn't it?

Reply to
Kevin Wolford